New Financial is hiring: Events & Marketing Manager
New Financial is hiring: we’re looking for an experience Events and Marketing Manager to join our growing team. If you know anyone who might be interested, do please tell them to get in touch with Maja Bijelic at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Financial is an ambitious and growing capital markets think tank founded in 2014 to make the positive case for bigger and better capital markets. We are currently hiring an Events and Marketing Manager to help run our busy programme. We host around 30 private events for senior executives from across the industry (mainly breakfasts and dinners for around 15 guests) and publish around a dozen reports a year.
This role could be a part-time role for a more experienced candidate looking for flexible working arrangements: for example, working five hours a day from 9.30am to 2.30pm, working X days a week, or from home etc.
You can download a PDF of this job description here
The role would be suitable for someone with several years’ experience in events and marketing and would include the following:
* Identifying, inviting and liaising with speakers at the highest levels of the banking & finance industry
* Helping to plan, organise and promote events to our membership
* Drawing up guest lists and managing the invitation process
* Preparing briefing packs for guests for each event
* Event management and logistics
* Acting as an ambassador for New Financial
* Writing and maintaining up-to-date marketing material for New Financial
* Planning marketing campaigns and newsletters
* Managing the distribution of our research reports and event summaries
* Updating and maintaining our database
The role will be based at our offices in Green Park in central London, with an immediate start.
Working day: 9.30am-6pm (or potentially a part-time role from eg. 9.30am to 2.30pm)
Location: Offices in London W1
Period of work: Permanent contract, full or part-time
About New Financial:
New Financial has already built a strong reputation as an independent authority on capital markets with policymakers and industry leaders across Europe. This is reflected in the senior level of our speakers and guests at our events, invitations to speak at industry conferences, and organisations such as the Bank of England, Dexeu, EBRD, and European Commission using and citing our research. Our work has been widely covered in the media including the FT, The Economist, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg and Reuters.
We are a small team of two partners, three researchers and two support staff. The Events and Marketing Manager will be given substantive research work to do from day one. Our office has a collegiate atmosphere, so there is plenty of opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and increase their responsibilities quickly.
For more details on our work and examples of our research, visit www.newfinancial.eu
* You will have experience of marketing and / or event management
* You will be motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic and intellectually curious
* You will have excellent written and spoken English presentational skills
* You will have a friendly and confident telephone manner
* You will be comfortable dealing with very senior executives and their offices
* You will be numerate and have a decent working knowledge of Excel
* You will pay great attention to detail
* You’ll have all necessary paperwork and permissions to work in the UK
Pay & benefits:
The fulltime role would involve a salary of around £35k+ depending on experience. New Financial also offers 25+ days holiday a year, discretionary project-related bonuses, pension contributions and private healthcare.
To apply for the Events and Marketing Manager role, send your CV and a short cover letter by Friday 17th November including:
* why you are interested in the role and what particular skills you would bring to it
* a suggestion of someone you would invite to speak at one of our events and why
to Maja Bijelic at email@example.com
Please include 2017 EVENTS in the subject line of your email.