July 2017 • Topic: • by New Financial
New Financial is hiring: we’re looking for a bright, curious and hardworking research analyst to join our growing team. If you know anyone who might be interested, do please tell them to get in touch with Maja Bijelic at email@example.com
Research analyst - capital markets
Position Ref.: 2017 RESEARCHER
Start date: August / September 2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full Time, 9am-6pm
Salary: From £25,000 at entry level to £35,000 depending on experience
Location: central London, W1
New Financial is an ambitious and growing capital markets think tank that launched in 2014 to make the positive case for bigger and better capital markets. We work with senior executives across the industry and have already built a reputation with industry practitioners, regulators and policymakers for our research and events programme (including the Bank of England, HM Treasury EBRD, and the European Commission). We publish around 12 reports a year and host around 30 events a year. For more infromation on our work, visit www.newfinancial.eu
We are currently looking for a full-time research analyst to focus on our capital markets coverage, with an immediate start. We are a small team of two partners, three researchers and two support staff. You will be given substantive research work to do from day one. Our office has a collegiate atmosphere, so there is plenty of opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and increase their responsibilities quickly. This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years of work experience.
* Motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic and intellectually curious
* Excellent fluent written and spoken English presentation skills
* Experience of both qualitative and quantitative research
* Educated to degree level, preferably with masters-level research experience or above
* Good working knowledge of Excel
* Attention to detail
* Must have a demonstrable interest in European policy, banking and finance
* Would NOT suit an individual pursuing a career in banking or fund management
* Contributing to capital markets research and events programme planning
* Collaborating on design of data collection and methodology
* Desk research (mainly online and by telephone) to feed into our reports, publications and events, leading to direct written contributions
* Conducting initial meta-research at the early stages of a research project or event
* Contributing to data gathering and analysis for research reports
* Researching and summarising academic papers and speeches
* Contributing to plan, organise and promote events, and to write accurate summaries of discussions at our events
* Contributing to build and maintain a database of contacts and marketing research lists
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK, and will be asked to provide evidence of this before starting work at New Financial.
Previous analysts have gone on to similar roles or further studies.
Current and previous analysts have received a byline in published reports within a few months of joining.
Send your CV and a short cover letter including:
1) why you are interested in the role and what particular skills you would bring to it
2) mention an article from our website and why you find it interesting
3) an area of capital markets research you think would be relevant and interesting for us to look at and why to Ms Maja Bijelic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include 2017 RESEARCHER in the subject line of your email. Any applicants who do not send their CV with a cover letter as above will not be considered.
Phone: 44 (0)20 3900 4024